We’re hiring: PHP Developer
Do you want to work in information security? How about being able to work anywhere on the Planet? On a beach in Hawaii, or taking your lunch break fly fishing a stream in Alaska.
We are a fast growing information security company. You will be working for us remotely full-time, with full benefits including medical, dental, 401K and a generous stock options package.
We are a team of four full-time employees and a handful of contractors. We’re fast moving, nimble, self managing and work in a relaxed atmosphere. Rather than working for a mega-corp, you will be working in a company where your work has real impact in the fun high-growth stages of our evolution.
We use apps like Slack, Fogbugz and Dropbox for our workflow. Each team member is World-class at what they do. We have flexible working hours and we are a diverse team ranging in age and location from Maine to Redmond to Knoxville to Florida.
All permanent positions will involve a trial period of approximately 1 month with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. You will be paid for this time and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue a permanent position.
Here are some of the core skills we look for in team members:
- A willingness to grab whatever task is required of you and run with it. This may include work outside of your core tasks. We are a small team and everyone needs to pitch in.
- A high level of productivity and self-management.
- Must be comfortable working remotely and interfacing with other team members using Slack and other remote tools.
- Excellent analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- A strong work ethic.
- Effective communication skills. This is critical for remote workers and we can’t emphasize this enough. You will spend a significant amount of time interfacing with our customers and/or other team members through your keyboard and it’s critically important that you can effectively convey your thoughts.
We have the following position open:
Full-time PHP Developer with Security Emphasis
- PHP including object oriented PHP. You need to write clean, high performance and maintainable code.
- Knowledge of subversion a requirement.
- MySQL including the ability to write well performing SQL, ability to design schemas and an understanding of MySQL data types and performance.
- Apache knowledge a requirement.
- Nginx and other web platforms like Lightspeed highly desirable.
- Must be comfortable using Linux and comfortable with Linux administration.
- Understanding of common web vulnerabilities required.
- Vulnerability research – ability to identify vulnerabilities in code is a requirement.
- WordPress experience required – including ability to use the WordPress plugin API.
- Perl a strong plus.
- Node.js a strong plus.
- A keen interest in infosec. Credentials like Security+, CISSP or pen-testing certifications a strong plus.
- Knowledge of other languages a strong plus.
- Knowledge of virtualization a plus, specifically KVM.
If you think you are a fit for this role, we want to hear from you. Please use the application link below to apply and note that as part of the application process we require that you include some source code. The application form has all the information you need.