Podcast Episode 3: The Cory Miller Interview and Active Exploits Target Easy WP SMTP Plugin
Welcome to Think Like a Hacker, Episode 3. In this episode Mikey Veenstra, a threat analyst at Wordfence, discusses an active exploit in the Easy WP SMTP plugin. This is breaking news which we added to the podcast at the very last minute.
We also chat with Cory Miller, the founder and former CEO of iThemes about how he created his business, why he sold to Liquid Web, what it’s like being an entrepreneur and much more. You can find Cory on Twitter at @corymiller303. And as always we cover the news with Kathy Zant.
Find us on your favorite app or platform including iTunes, Google Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, SoundCloud and Overcast.
Click here to download an MP3 version of this podcast. Subscribe to our RSS feed.
This week in the news we cover:
- WordPress 5.1.1 is released which contains an important security update to fix an XSS vulnerability.
- WordPress now officially powers one third of the entire web.
- We go deep in discussing the content fight between HackerNoon and Medium. Links: The email. The tweet. The drama.
- Norsk Hydro is hit by ransomware which has a major impact on their operations. We discuss the soft target that is unmaintained machines inside industrial facilities.
- Mozilla launches send.firefox.com to anonymously upload and share files larger than 1GB. We chat about possible malicious uses.
- A hacker puts yet another 26 million breached records up for sale. We chat about the impact this has on small businesses.
You can find me on Twitter as @mmaunder, Kathy as @kathyzant, and Mikey as @heyitsmikeyv. Please don’t hesitate to post your feedback in the comments below.
We have Wordfence Premium on 4 sites. Why everyone doesn't, it makes no sense. I can't keep up on everything security related, I have a job. I do some web design, Google Analytics, Google Adwords...etc. I have no time to do what you guys do, thus we have Wordfence premium. Thank You.