Are you passionate about security? How about being able to work anywhere on the planet? On a beach in Hawaii or taking your lunch break fly fishing a stream in Alaska. Or perhaps you’d rather be close to your home town near friends and family instead of commuting to a big city with the herd every day.
We are one of the fastest growing cyber security companies in the World. You will be working for us remotely full-time, with full benefits including platinum level medical, dental, 401K, gym reimbursement, company paid security certifications (CISSP, Security+) and conferences.
We are a team of fast moving, nimble, self managing innovators who work in a relaxed atmosphere with a sense of humor. Rather than working for a mega-corp, you will be working in a company where your work has real impact.
Wordfence has experienced incredible growth in the past 3 years and you will be joining the team during a time of steep growth. Our team is 100% remote. Everyone in the company works from wherever they want to work. Most of us are based in the USA and we have international team members in many other countries from Europe to Scandinavia to North Africa and more.
Wordfence has security built into our DNA. Whether you’re a customer service engineer, security analyst, QA engineer, developer or ops engineer, you have a deep interest and passion for security. You will be working with team members who are incredibly talented, well known in the security community and who are from a diverse range of backgrounds.
We use apps like Slack, GitHub, Fogbugz and Dropbox for our workflow. Each team member is World-class at what they do. We have flexible working hours and we are a diverse team ranging in age and location .
All positions will involve a trial period of approximately 2 weeks with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. You will be paid for this time and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue a permanent position.
Here are some of the core skills we look for in team members:
● A willingness to grab whatever task is required of you and run with it. This may include work outside of your core tasks. We are a small team and everyone needs to pitch in.
● A high level of productivity and self-management.
● Must be comfortable working remotely and interfacing with other team members using Slack and other remote tools.
● Excellent analytical ability and problem solving skills.
● A strong work ethic.
● Attention to detail.
● Effective communication skills. This is critical for remote workers and we can’t emphasize this enough. You will spend a significant amount of time interfacing with our customers and/or other team members through your keyboard and it’s critically important that you can effectively convey your thoughts.
We are looking for a full-time Security Analyst to join our Security Services Team and be responsible for coordinating communications with our site cleaning customers. You will work with our customers to secure access to their websites, validating that they are ready to be worked on and prepping them for a Security Analyst to clean. Once malware removal service is complete you will prep the site for turnover to the customer and submit blacklist removal requests if necessary. You will also keep them up to date on the status of their orders, answer support questions and work with the support team on refunds and other billing issues. In addition you will assist our Customer Service team as time allows.
General requirements for this role:
● You must have strong technical skills, with both Linux and WordPress experience.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● You must work well in a team.
● You must be nimble, be able to come up with creative solutions to challenging problems and must have a mature approach to problem solving.
● You must have the ability to patiently guide a customer through solving a problem, even if they are having a bad day.
At Wordfence, ‘trust’ is the attribute we value most highly among our team members. We need to know that you can grab a task from a support ticketing system, communicate clearly with our customers and see the task to completion with excellent attention to detail. We don’t micromanage and we trust that you will be able to see tasks through to completion and communicate with your fellow team members when needed or ask for help when needed. You will be working for a company that has code protecting over 1 million production websites. It is a fast paced real-time environment with new challenges daily.
The specific skills we require for this position are:
● At least 3 years of experience working with Linux servers required.
● Ability to use Linux shell commands, SSH, SFTP, familiarity with Linux filesystem permissions, ability to web log files and understand them all highly favorable.
● Knowledge of mysql and familiarity with the mysql command line client or phpmyadmin highly favorable.
● Experience with WordPress required.
● Ability to read PHP code.
● An understanding of all major vulnerability types and the ability to explain them to a customer.
● Demonstrated ability to patiently guide customers through solving a problem, even if the customer is having a bad day.
● Good knowledge of information security. Visit our Security Learning Center for more info.
● Excellent organizational skills. You will be a security analyst who is coordinating the interaction between our forensic team and customers at a technical level.
This is a full-time, remote position with flexible hours. You are able to set your own schedule and work from anywhere.
● Platinum level PPO medical plan with dental and vision included. Company pays 100% of the premiums for employees and 50% for dependents.
● 21 days PTO per year
● 401k with matching contributions
● Opportunities to attend security conferences (the team went to RSA and Defcon in 2016)
● Company paid local gym membership
● Company paid fees and study time provided for work related educational courses and security certifications such as Security+, CEH and CISSP.
● You will receive a new laptop (Macbook Pro or equivalent) and any items needed to create a successful work environment at home