Are you passionate about security? How about being able to work anywhere on the planet? On a beach in Hawaii or taking your lunch break fly fishing a stream in Alaska. Or perhaps you’d rather be close to your home town near friends and family instead of commuting to a big city with the herd every day.
We are one of the fastest growing cyber security companies in the World. You will be working for us remotely full-time, with full benefits including platinum level medical, dental, 401K, gym reimbursement, company paid security certifications (CISSP, Security+) and conferences.
We are a team of fast moving, nimble, self managing innovators who work in a relaxed atmosphere with a sense of humor. Rather than working for a mega-corp, you will be working in a company where your work has real impact.
Wordfence has experienced incredible growth in the past 3 years and you will be joining the team during a time of steep growth. Our team is 100% remote. Everyone in the company works from wherever they want to work. Most of us are based in the USA and we have international team members in many other countries from Europe to Scandinavia to North Africa and more.
Wordfence has security built into our DNA. Whether you’re an customer service engineer, analyst, QA engineer, developer or ops engineer, you have a deep interest and passion for security. You will be working with team members who are incredibly talented, well known in the security community and who are from a diverse range of backgrounds.
We use apps like Slack, GitHub, Fogbugz and Dropbox for our workflow. Each team member is World-class at what they do. We have flexible working hours and we are a diverse team ranging in age and location.
All permanent positions will involve a trial period of approximately 2 weeks with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. You will be paid for this time and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue a permanent position.
Here are some of the core skills we look for in team members:
● A willingness to grab whatever task is required of you and run with it. This may include work outside of your core tasks. We are a small team and everyone needs to pitch in.
● A high level of productivity and self-management.
● Must be comfortable working remotely and interfacing with other team members using Slack and other remote tools.
● Excellent analytical ability and problem solving skills.
● A strong work ethic.
● Effective communication skills. This is critical for remote workers and we can’t emphasize this enough. You will spend a significant amount of time interfacing with our customers and/or other team members through your keyboard and it’s critically important that you can effectively convey your thoughts.
We provide a helpdesk solution for our Wordfence Premium customers to submit questions, problems and general feedback to our team. This role will be responsible for responding to a variety of customer issues through the helpdesk solution. It is email based with no phone support or live chat interaction. Excellent written communication skills are mandatory. Questions cover a wide range including billing issues, problems understanding the Wordfence plugin and firewall product, possible bugs being reported, and general feedback. Bugs will need to be entered into our bug tracking system. We are a small, highly productive team and you will have direct interaction via Slack and weekly meetings with the development, QA, marketing and support teams to offer suggestions and improvements to the most popular security plugin for WordPress. Providing excellent customer service is one of the core values at Wordfence and we are looking for talented, highly capable new team members.
At Wordfence, ‘trust’ is the attribute we value most highly among our team members. We need to know that you can grab a task from a support ticketing system, communicate clearly with our customers and see the task to completion with excellent attention to detail. We don’t micromanage and we trust that you will be able to see tasks through to completion and communicate with your fellow team members when needed or ask for help when needed. You will be working for a company that has code protecting over 1 million production websites. It is a fast paced real-time environment with new challenges daily.
The specific skills we require for this position are:
● Good working knowledge of Linux and the Linux shell environment required.
● Ability to comfortably use tools like SSH and SFTP.
● Experience with WordPress required.
● Experience with CPanel or other web hosting management console highly desirable.
● Demonstrated ability to patiently guide customers through solving a problem, even if the customer is having a bad day.
● A clear and friendly written communication style is a requirement.
● PHP knowledge a strong plus.
● Security knowledge and ability to use security utilities and tools are a strong plus.
This is a full-time, remote position with flexible hours. You are able to set your own schedule and work from anywhere.
● Platinum level PPO medical plan with dental and vision included. Company pays 100% of the premiums for employees and 50% for dependents.
● 21 days PTO per year
● 401k with matching contributions
● Opportunities to attend security conferences (the team went to RSA and Defcon in 2016)
● Company paid local gym membership
● Company paid fees and study time provided for work related educational courses and security certifications such as Security+, CEH and CISSP.
● You will receive a new laptop (MacBook Pro or equivalent) and any items needed to create a successful work environment at home.