Are you passionate about security? How about being able to work anywhere on the planet? On a beach in Hawaii or taking your lunch break fly fishing a stream in Alaska. Or perhaps you’d rather be close to your home town near friends and family instead of commuting to a big city with the herd every day.
We are one of the fastest growing cyber security companies in the World. You will be working for us remotely part-time, with a flexible schedule.
We are a team of fast moving, nimble, self managing innovators who work in a relaxed atmosphere with a sense of humor. Rather than working for a mega-corp, you will be working in a company where your work has real impact.
Wordfence has experienced incredible growth in the past 3 years and you will be joining the team during a time of steep growth. Our team is 100% remote. Everyone in the company works from wherever they want to work. Most of us are based in the USA and we have international team members in many other countries from Europe to Scandinavia to North Africa and more.
Wordfence has security built into our DNA. Whether you’re an customer service engineer, analyst, QA engineer, developer or ops engineer, you have a deep interest and passion for security. You will be working with team members who are incredibly talented, well known in the security community and who are from a diverse range of backgrounds.
We use apps like Slack, GitHub, Fogbugz and Dropbox for our workflow. Each team member is World-class at what they do. We have flexible working hours and we are a diverse team ranging in age and location.
All positions will involve a trial period of approximately 2 weeks with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. You will be paid for this time and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue a permanent position.
Here are some of the core skills we look for in team members:
● A willingness to grab whatever task is required of you and run with it. This may include work outside of your core tasks. We are a small team and everyone needs to pitch in.
● A high level of productivity and self-management.
● Must be comfortable working remotely and interfacing with other team members using Slack and other remote tools.
● Excellent analytical ability and problem solving skills.
● A strong work ethic.
● Effective communication skills. This is critical for remote workers and we can’t emphasize this enough. You will spend a significant amount of time interfacing with our customers and/or other team members through your keyboard and it’s critically important that you can effectively convey your thoughts.
We are looking for a part-time contractor to help support our customers on the WordPress.org forums. This is a remote working position and you can set your own schedule. You can work as little as 10 hours per week or as much as 40 hours and can flex with your schedule. This role will be responsible for responding to a variety of customer issues on our Wordfence WordPress forum. Excellent written communication skills are mandatory. Questions cover a wide range including problems understanding the Wordfence plugin and firewall product, possible bugs being reported, and general feedback. You can see examples of the kinds of questions you will provide support for on our WordPress.org forum.
We are a small, highly productive team and you will have direct interaction via Slack with the QA and support teams to make suggestions and improvements to the most popular security plugin for WordPress. Providing excellent customer service is one of the core values at Wordfence and we are looking for talented, highly capable new team members.
At Wordfence, ‘trust’ is the attribute we value most highly among our team members. We need to know that you can grab a task from a support ticketing system, communicate clearly with our customers and see the task to completion with excellent attention to detail. We don’t micromanage and we trust that you will be able to see tasks through to completion and communicate with your fellow team members when needed or ask for help when needed. You will be working for a company that has code protecting over 1 million production websites. It is a fast paced real-time environment with new challenges daily.
The specific skills we require for this position are:
● Good working knowledge of Linux and the Linux shell environment required.
● Ability to comfortably use tools like SSH and SFTP.
● Experience with WordPress required.
● Experience with CPanel or other web hosting management console highly desirable.
● Demonstrated ability to patiently guide customers through solving a problem, even if the customer is having a bad day.
● A clear and friendly written communication style is a requirement.
● PHP knowledge a strong plus.
● Security knowledge and ability to use security utilities and tools are a strong plus.
● Remote working position where you set your own hours and schedule.
● Work from 10 hours to 40 hours each week as your schedule permits.