Wordfence Quick Start WordPress Security Guide:
- To install WordFence and get a more secure WordPress website simply sign-in to your WordPress blog. Then click your “Plugins” menu and click the “Add New” link at the top.
- Type “Wordfence” in the search box that appears.
- Click the “install” link next to the Wordfence plugin that appears in the list.
- Activate Wordfence once the install completes.
- We used to require an additional step where you get an API key, but this is no longer required for our free customers.
- At this point you will see a message asking you to enter an email address for alerts. Click the link provided, enter an email address, save your options and you’re all set.
- If you would like to upgrade to the premium version of Wordfence, you can visit www.wordfence.com to get an API key and then enter that key on your options page and save your options. You will be upgraded and all the premium features will be available to you.