Wordfence has it’s own Automatic Update function. If you enable this, new versions of Wordfence will automatically be installed on your site.
If your site is on a LiteSpeed web server, please read the following document about configuring LiteSpeed to ensure that your Wordfence auto-updates complete without problems.
Wordfence Cloud Servers
- Maintain a pristine copy of every version of WordPress ever released and information about each file, that allows us to very quickly compare your files with the originals.
- Maintain a pristine copy of every version of every plugin and theme ever released into the WordPress theme and plugin repositories. We also maintain a massive database with information about every file, to rapidly verify your files against the originals.
- Have a list of known malware files that your installation of Wordfence uses to check if any of your files are known malware variants.
- Keep a cached copy of Google’s Safe Browsing list that is updated in real-time and used for your scans.
- Contain data about known vulnerabilities that is sent to your Wordfence plugin during scans.
- Keep a list of known dangerous IPs that is shared among Wordfence sites.
- Perform various other functions that assist with scanning your site and keeping it secure.
Servers and IP Range
Wordfence infrastructure is hosted completely in the cloud. We are spread across multiple availability zones to reduce the likelihood of service outages. Our cloud providers are constantly optimizing their routes to deliver the best in class service. Plugin services are hosted on the following IP addresses:
Wordfence Central and plugin services also uses the following IP addresses to connect to sites: