Advanced information and configuration
If you want to know more about the technical details of Wordfence, you'll find the answers in this section.
Wordfence has it’s own Automatic Update function. If you enable this, new versions of Wordfence will automatically be installed on your site.
If your site is on a LiteSpeed web server, please read the following document about configuring LiteSpeed to ensure that your Wordfence auto-updates complete without problems.
Wordfence Cloud Servers
- Maintain a pristine copy of every version of WordPress ever released and information about each file, that allows us to very quickly compare your files with the originals.
- Maintain a pristine copy of every version of every plugin and theme ever released into the WordPress theme and plugin repositories. We also maintain a massive database with information about every file, to rapidly verify your files against the originals.
- Have a list of known malware files that your installation of Wordfence uses to check if any of your files are known malware variants.
- Keep a cached copy of Google’s Safe Browsing list that is updated in real-time and used for your scans.
- Contain data about known vulnerabilities that is sent to your Wordfence plugin during scans.
- Keep a list of known dangerous IPs that is shared among Wordfence sites.
- Perform various other functions that assist with scanning your site and keeping it secure.
Servers and IP Range
Wordfence maintains our own physical servers and infrastructure in a data center in Seattle. Our servers are protected by biometric security, have redundant power, high availability network topology including peering with backbone providers on multi-gigabit connections.
Our BGP network is connected to: NTT, PCCW, Level(3), Wolfe, Spectrum, Integra, & SIX peering with cross-connects to Zayo, Frontier, Comcast, BlackRock, Integra, and Wolfe Internet.
We are connected to an enterprise class network with the best hardware and infrastructure available to deliver excellent performance and uptime to our customers.
Our public IP address range is:
184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
Or using a netmask you can express this as:
18.104.22.168 with netmask 255.255.255.224
And in CIDR notation our address range is: